Google Play Store is fast becoming an ocean for apps of all kinds. Here is a selection of the best 20 android apps that you should install on your smartphone.
Fake GPS – install this android app so that no one can track your location
- If you are fed up of Google and GPS tracking you wherever you are, use FakeGPS
- It fools Google Maps or GPs to think you are in some other location.
Firefox Focus – Mobile app to automatically delete browsing history
- If you are sensitive about privacy when you use your browser, FireFox Focus is the answer. Browse all you want and then exit.
- Your browsing history is erased automatically.
Authy Mobile app – It protects your account from hacking
- This app generates 2 step verification code.
- Even if your account is hacked no one can access it if you use Authy.
NewPipe – The mobile app to play Youtube videos in the background
- New Pipe is to play YouTube videos, download the audio or video part and do it all while you work on other apps.
- It is not there on Playstore. Search for it elsewhere on the web.
FooView – Operate your cell phone through gestures
- Use simple gestures to carry out a variety of functions.
- You can open websites, switch screens, capture screens or search apps with FooView.
Grammarly – The mobile app that check grammar when you write something
- Install this app and when you use any other app like email or whatsapp then Grammarly makes sure there are no errors in what you write.
- It is perfect for those who are not quite familiar with English and also for those who are fairly good at it.
Article Reader – the best android app for reading
- Browsers can be cluttered and fonts may be too small to read articles in comfort.
- Install Article Reader and send any page from your browser to the app to read it full screen with no clutter to annoy you.
Protect – the best mobile app to monitor data usage
- This is Facebook’s free VPN and data manager app to help you monitor data usage.
- You can block apps from using data in the background and you can use VPN to be more secure over public networks.
Quickly – the mobile app to see your most frequently used apps and contacts
- Install this app.
- When you swipe down the notification drawer you get to see your most frequently used apps and contacts.
WhatTheFont – Mobile app to identify the font in an image
- Install this app. Snap a picture of a magazine page or hoarding.
- WhatTheFont will identify the font and show similar font family names. Good for graphics professionals.
Files Go – Clean your mobile phone
- This app from Google will identify unused apps, duplicate files and temporary files on your phone and remove them to free up space.
- A must have for all mobile phone users.
Notin – the best “reminder” mobile app
- Notin lets you pin notes and reminders to the notification bar and you will keep receiving reminders until the task is done.
- It works as automated reminder.
Canva – the android app to create beautiful designs (also available on iOS)
- Install Canva and you get ready to use templates to create beautiful layouts for invitations, brochures or just about any graphic layout.
- Become an instant artist with Canva!
Timbre – Edit and Convert audio files
- If you are like any smartphone user who has plenty of audio and video files you will like Timbre.
- It will help you edit media files and even convert them from one format to another as well as change playback speed.
TinyCards – The android app the improves memory of your smartphone
- TinyCards helps improve memory by way of flashcards using repetitive techniques.
- You can use available cards or craft your own cards with text of your choice.
Sesame Shortcuts – The best way to create shortcuts for your mobile apps
- What Sesame Shortcuts does is to create an invisible area on your screen that all other apps can access.
- You tap this area and you can launch your app without having to go to the home screen.
Android Auto – the mobile app that helps you to get driving directions, play music and make phone calls
- Install this app and life becomes easier since you can listen to driving directions, enjoy music and make phone calls while on the go.
- Your screen becomes an interface with large buttons once this app launches.
CastBox – The best podcasting mobile app
- If you love podcasts Cast Box will find podcasts for you.
- You can use audio searches and you can sync podcasts to your desktop.
Connections – Link notes to your contacts
- Quickly lets you link notes and to-dos to your contacts.
- Phone them or receive a phone call from such linked numbers and the notes pop up.
APK Updater – Safely updates your mobile apps
- Install APK Updater and it will search only legitimate update sites to install latest updates for your installed apps.
- You can get newer versions even before they are on Google Playstore.