Instagram is rapidly gaining popularity among social media enthusiasts. According to data collected by Statista in 2018, there are over one billion active users on Instagram. The ever-rising number of users makes it a potential platform for marketing, where they can reach out to their targeted audience and engage users to draw real social value.
However, it is important to note that this platform works differently than other social media channels and therefore it requires a different strategy. Around sixty percent of the users are between the ages of 16 to 29, and it is important to keep that in mind while building strategies. Here are some marketing strategies for Instagram to get the best out of your efforts:
- Always upload eye-catching and attractive content. If you are uploading pictures, make sure they are bright and beautiful that everyone lines to share. Your videos must be shot in proper lighting and short in duration. Your written content must be up to the point.
- Use popular hashtags to increase the reach of your content but make sure that you use relevant hashtags. This will make sure that your content shows when a user searches a hashtag that is relevant to your product. Irrelevant ones will hamper the image of your product.
- Just uploading good content and using relevant hashtags is not enough. You have to engage with the community. Liking and commenting on other’s content help you increase your reach and followers.
- Your posts and content should be in line with the products that you have to market. If you are not directly marketing your product in a certain post, then your content must share the vibe of your product.
- Use dedicated third party Instagram tools to keep a track of your posts and followers. There are tools to even schedule your posts and find engaging content ideas. There are various amazing tools like Iconosquare, INK361, Piqora, Schedugram, etc.
- Customize your profile to best represent your product and remember the rock hard rule that quality precedes quantity.
- You can also use Instagram ads to popularise your content and to increase brand awareness. It was not possible earlier as only big brands could advertise on the platform but now anyone could do that.
- Follow more people to show your presence and this might increase your own followers as the community follows back.
All of these tricks are tried and tested to show positive results. The success basically depends on the execution of these tricks and tips. I hope these tricks will help you with your Instagram Marketing Strategies and help build brand awareness.